- Leakage Control Channels help direct liquid to the center of the pad to protect against leaks.
- Liquid Locking Absorbent Core to secure against leaks
- Fragrance Free helps prevents the risk of irritation
- Hypoallergenic pantiliners are irritation free because of the breathable qualities of 100% cotton. This means no more itching, even for those with sensitive skin
- Synthetic Free for a softer, irritation free, plastic-less feel and
real breathable cotton experience
The pad has medium to heavy absorbency and is meant for daytime normal to heavy flow. It has fast absorption and also features a very subtle vertical line design that controls even spread and absorption. I didn’t even notice the design on the cover until afterwards when I saw my period following the vertical pattern. There was as much period absorbed on top as the bottom which is usually a good indicator of fast absorption.
The cotton pad is unscented and is highly breathable. It feels very soft and very much like cotton panties.
As a natural quality of cotton, the pad cover does not stay dry after absorption. It feels wet and damp so this may cause some discomfort although the high breathability makes it bearable.
This pad is intended for daytime wear but I find that it is suitable for overnight wear as long as it is a size you are comfortable with.
During overnight wear on a heavy flow, I didn’t experience any leaks and there was even absorption throughout the pad.
I’m a bit divided on this pad because although it performs well, the poly blend plastic backing tears easily. When I removed it from my panties, the backing ripped, exposing the insides of my used pad. Though it doesn’t affect the performance of the pad when I was wearing it, I certainly don’t expect a pad to fall a part at any time during my use. You may have to be more careful when peeling back your used pad (especially if you are used to just ripping off your pad from your panties).
Recommend for: Normal flow, heavy flow, incontinence, overnight wear if you’re comfortable with the size
The adhesive is great and kept the pad in place but when I went it for a closer look, the adhesive on the wings look a lot like double sided tape.
For a pad the averages 0.675 USD per pad, I would expect something more than just double sided tape. Most brand name pads average closer to around 0.15 – 0.30 USD per pad.
The pads come in a small cardboard box and are individually wrapped with a blue sticker that can be reused to discarded your pad. The white wrapper is a bit fragile and tears easily when opening.
When wrapped, it measures:
13.5cm by 9cm and is 0.5cm thin.
When unwrapped, it measures:
24cm by 7.0 – 9.5cm and is ~0.2cm thin.
You may be interested in:
- DivaCup Model 1 Review
- GladRags Cloth Day Pad Preview
- Maxim Ultra Thin Regular Pads Review
- Maxim Ultra Thin Contour Pantiliners Review
- Maxim Organic Tampons Super Plus Absorbency Review
- My First DivaCup Story: Emma
This product was sent to The Period Blog for consideration for review from the manufacturer. Any compensation received will never influence the reviews, opinions, content, topics or posts made in this blog.