Many girls choose to use pads for their first period because they are the easiest to use and wear.
By the end of this How-To guide, you will learn how to put on a pad and how to choose the right pad for you.
How often you change your pad will vary cycle to cycle and from day to day of your period. It will also depend on your flow and the type of pad you’re using.
Let’s explore flows and the different pad absorbencies so you can get a better idea of how often you need to change your pad.
If your pad doesn’t come with a little sticker, it can be hard to roll up your used pad and expect it to stay rolled up like that.
But if your pad comes wrapped with a paper backing, like the picture below, then you can use the small strip of glue to keep it wrapped up. Just follow this simple trick!
Check out our Beginner’s Guide To Periods for everything you need to know about having your period.
You may be interested in:
- Trouble inserting your tampon? Try these tips!
- Swimming on your period
- Can you lose your virginity to a tampon?
- Can you still feel your tampon?
- How to tell when to change your tampon
- 11 Tampon tips to help you prepare for your first tampon
- How often should you change your tampon?
- Sleeping With A Tampon
- Out of thong pantiliners? This DIY pantiliner trick will change your life!
- DIY Video: How to make a thong pantiliner